The Accountant (Accounting Manager) assumes responsibility for appropriate payment of facility invoices, all payroll related functions and assists Controller with special projects as assigned. This position requires the ability to: perform office work directly related to management policies or general business operations; exercise discretion and independent judgment; provide regular and direct assistance to executives; and perform work, special assignments and tasks under very general supervision.
- Prepares and reviews journal entries for hospital-wide accounting.
- Prepares company-wide analytics.
- Monitors and controls balance sheet reconciliation process.
- Monitors consistency in accounting department of the monthly close process and accounting systems.
- Coordinates department's response to testing of software upgrades and other system changes.
- Reviews processes to ensure efficiency and effectiveness.
Job code: 100529
Education, Training and Years of Experience:
- Four year degree in accounting or related field preferred or equivalent work experience
- 3-4 years work experience in a healthcare accounting environment
- 2 years experience in accounts payable and payroll functions
License or Certification: None
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as telephone, copy machine, fax machine, calculator, computer.
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 30 pounds and ability push/pull a minimum of 30 pounds. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements.
- Ability to withstand prolonged standing and walking.
- Ability to reach, stoop, bend, kneel, and crouch are required for patient care functions and in setting up and monitoring equipment
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to speak, read, write, and communicate effectively.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment. Occasional outdoor exposure.
- Exposure or potential exposure to blood and body fluids may be required.
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Meets established attendance standards.
- Adheres to hospital/department dress code including wearing ID badge.
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
- Will be required to work as necessary during disaster situations, i.e., before, during or after a disaster.
- May be required to stay after workday to assist after a disaster situation until relief arrives.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.