Accounts Payable Specialist Fairlawn Hospital Location
ACCOUNTS PAYABLE SPECIALIST - FULL TIME DAYS (32 Hours Per Week)
Fairlawn Rehabilitation Hospital, an acute care rehabilitation facility located in Worcester, MA, is looking for an Accounts Payable Specialist who is detail oriented, has strong communication and organizational skills and is able to multi-task in an accurate and timely fashion to successfully process Accounts Payable as assigned by the supervisor in accordance with HS policy and procedures.
- Codes items such as invoices, vouchers, check requests, etc., with correct GL account codes conforming to standard procedures to ensure proper entry into the financial system.
- Handles all vendor correspondence via phone or email.
- Matches corresponding purchase orders to incoming invoices, including receiving documentation.
- Completes invoice data entry into accounts payable system with accuracy.
- Investigates and resolves problems associated with processing of invoices and purchase orders.
- Monitors available Accounts Payable status reports and adheres to the monthly closings schedule as it pertains to Accounts Payable.
- Reconciles vendor statements to invoice activity which has been data entered in the Accounts Payable sub-ledger.
- Receives, researches and resolves a variety of routine internal and external inquiries concerning account status, including communicating the resolution of discrepancies to appropriate persons.
- Files, maintains, and distributes accounting documents, records and reports.
- Data entry into various spreadsheets in Excel.
- Prepares cash deposits.
- Audits Purchasing Card transactional activity.
- Provides support to employees with questions pertaining to the electronic process of submitting Employee Expense Reports.
- Performs other duties as required to support Accounting Department.
Job code: 100532
- Associates degree preferred or 3-4 years accounts payable or general accounting experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills needed for responding to both internal and external customers.
- Very strong organizational skills; must be detail oriented.
- Able to multi-task.
- Open to change and willing to learn new skills.
- Focused on providing timely follow up to pending issues.
- Able to work independently, without constant supervision.
- Able to work in a fast paced environment.
- Focused on meeting deadlines.
- Comfortable working with Excel spreadsheets.
Physical Requirements: - Ability to lift a minimum of 15 pounds and ability push/pull a minimum of 25 pounds. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements.
Environmental Conditions: - Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment. - Handicapped accessible.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards: - Meets established attendance standards. - Adheres to dress code including wearing ID badge. - May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.