Compensation Consultant I
The Compensation Consultant I is an entry level role that provides support and analysis for the compensation department. This position runs routine reports, creates and revises job codes/job titles, conducts maintenance of the department's market pricing database, and updates our department's intranet site. This position participates in annual compensation surveys and supports the department by running market reports. The Consultant I will provide analytical and data support to our hospitals and begin learning the consultative process in order to provide more in-depth support. Due to the involvement with employee salary and/or incentive data, confidentiality must always be maintained.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- Runs ad hoc reports to support team. Reports may include but are not limited to annual market data reports by location, Beacon reports, monthly report for Department of Labor, quarterly headcount report, and FTE report.
- Runs ERI report quarterly to assist with updating geographic differentials.
- Provides ERI differentials for potential new markets to assist with de novo review.
- Updates the Compensation SharePoint site.
- Participates in salary surveys by completing all survey questionnaires and submitting to vendor by deadline.
- Collects and analyzes salary data to assist compensation team.
- Creates new job code and revises existing job codes in PeopleSoft.
- Escalates questions regarding policies and/or wage and hour (FLSA) regulations to manager.
- Provides data to upload to market pricing database including employee updates, job code updates, and geographic differentials from PeopleSoft, Beacon, and ERI reports.
- Assists with special projects as needed.
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or Human Resources; or, a minimum of 4 years of compensation consulting/analysis or human resources experience in lieu of degree.
- Ability to understand complex data and analysis using mathematical skills.
- Compensation analysis experience a plus, but not required.
- Experience with market pricing preferred, but not required.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel to include spreadsheet formatting and basic formulas.
As a national leader in post-acute care, Encompass Health (NYSE: EHC) offers facility-based patient care through its network of inpatient rehabilitation hospitals. With a national footprint that spans 157 hospitals in 37 states and Puerto Rico, the Company is committed to delivering high-quality, cost-effective rehabilitation. Encompass Health is ranked as one of Fortune's 100 Best Companies to Work For and Modern Healthcare's Best Places to Work.
Enjoy competitive compensation and benefits that start day one of employment, including:
- Affordable medical, dental and vision plans provided to meet the needs of full and part-time employees and their families.
- Generous paid time off that increases with tenure.
- Tuition reimbursement and continuing education opportunities.
- An employee assistance program for counseling and mental health needs.
- Company-matching 401(k) and employee stock-purchase plans.
- Flexible spending and health savings accounts.
To learn more about us, please visit us online at encompasshealth.com or careers.encompasshealth.com
Connect with us:
Equal Opportunity Employer