IT Project Manager I
Join on the heart-warming journey with a team that is a top leader in the rehabilitation industry
Encompass Health is the leader in inpatient rehabilitation industry, you'll feel the Encompass Health difference as soon as you join. We collaborate and provide high-quality, compassionate, individualized care for our patients, allowing us time to get to know them and help them achieve their goals during their rehabilitation journey.
The IT Project Manager I is a management level position responsible for the day to day management of projects. The Project Manager I position is responsible for the on-schedule, on-budget execution of multiple, complex IT projects. The position is required to work or engage cross-functional departments and clients, according to current requirements, and to accomplish the above tasks. This position is responsible for managing projects working with end users to gather requirements, developing project budgets and cost estimations, determining project schedules, managing to deadlines, directing the design and development phases, and providing status updates and reports. Project Managers may be assigned to multiple projects and should have a broad IT Skill set. This position provides project management for implementation of the information technology infrastructure and integration components of approved capital design and construction projects. This position is further responsible for providing meaningful and reasonable goals and direction, delegating work effectively and efficiently among the project team, and providing technical expertise to team members.
Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Leads requirements gathering and end user interviews.
- Develops project budgets and cost estimation.
- Determines project schedules.
- Directs the design and development phases.
- Provides status updates and reports.
- Coordinates multiple aspects of project delivery.
- Keeps updated and current through local newspapers, industry-related materials and associations.
- Understands and utilizes the company resource structure.
- Develops strategies and aligns work to achieve goals.
- Works with Design & Construction, Architects and Engineers on floor plan design to implement ITG standards.
- Provide Design & Construction input on budgets for construction projects.
- Schedule and manage low voltage meetings with construction and vendors as appropriate.
- Organizes, plans, and manages time effectively to complete construction assignments.
- Communicate schedule and verify completion of tasks by appropriate ITG departments.
*This is an in-office position at our Home Office in Birmingham, AL
License or Certification:
- Valid state driver's license
- Project Management Professional (PMP) from the Project Management Institute (PMI) highly recommended
- Undergraduate degree required
- Minimum 3 years of Project Management experience required. Three years of experience with another area of company ITG department may be substituted for Project Management experience.
- Healthcare industry experience preferred
- Experience in and/or familiarity with:
- Project Management Body Of Knowledge (PMBOK) Methodology and approach
- Strong Microsoft Project, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint Skills
- Software development life cycle
- Project budgeting and estimation
- Project planning and scheduling
- Resource optimization
- Testing methodologies
- Various programming languages and frameworks
- Software development best practices
- Familiarity with regulatory compliance:
- Privacy and Security
A little about us
We're confident you'll see the difference the moment you join our team. Working at Encompass Health means working with a growing national inpatient rehabilitation leader. We're proud of our career growth opportunities and how our team members work together for the greater good of our patients. We've been named one of the "World's Most Admired Companies" and a Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® Award, among others, which is pretty amazing.
Our benefits start day one
- Affordable medical, dental and vision plans for full-time and part-time employees and their families.
- Generous paid time off that accrues over time.
- Tuition reimbursement and continuing education opportunities.
- Company-matching 401(k) and employee stock purchase plans.
- Flexible spending and health savings accounts.
- A community of people who love what they do. Yes, we see that as a benefit.