IT Service Desk Agent I
Join on the heart-warming journey with a team that is a top leader in the rehabilitation industry
Encompass Health is the leader in the inpatient rehabilitation industry, you'll feel the Encompass Health as soon as you join. We collaborate and provide high-quality, compassionate, individualized care for our patients, allowing us time to get to know them and help them achieve their goals during their rehabilitation journey.
The Service Desk Agent I is an entry level position responsible for the following core job disciplines: general IT Support, first contact customer service, teamwork, follow through, and continual improvement. Service Desk Agents I are responsible for supporting level 1 incidents, communicating with end users, assisting employees with technical troubleshooting, following standard support procedures, and providing proper coverage and continual service improvement.
Responsibilities & Tasks
- Responds to level 1 incidents.
- Communicates with end users.
- Assists employees with technical troubleshooting.
- Documents issues.
- Follows standard support procedures.
- Determines and documents resolutions.
- Knows detailed responsibilities required of position.
License or Certification:
- Associates Degree or Undergraduate degree recommended but not required.
- Entry level to 2 years of experience.
- Basic understanding of IT and Non IT core concepts with regard to: networking, general PC hardware and peripherals (i.e. mouse, monitor, keyboard, etc.), Microsoft Office Suite of applications including Outlook, laptop/tablet/cellular device usage, executing standard troubleshooting procedures, providing excellent customer service, documenting issues and resolutions, troubleshooting basic IT infrastructure and application components.
- Familiar with regulatory compliance: HIPAA, Privacy and Security
- Service Desk Agent L1 requirements - experience in supporting one or more of the following: low to medium complexity applications, desktop hardware and software support, PC troubleshooting (both laptop, desktops and tablets), and telephone, fax, and other networked equipment..
A little about us
We're confident you'll see the difference the moment you join our team. Working at Encompass Health means working with a growing national inpatient rehabilitation leader. We're proud of our career growth opportunities and how our team members work together for the greater good of our patients. We've been named one of the "World's Most Admired Companies" and a Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® Award, among others, which is pretty amazing.
Our benefits start day one
- Affordable medical, dental and vision plans for full-time and part-time employees and their families.
- Generous paid time off that accrues over time.
- Tuition reimbursement and continuing education opportunities.
- Company-matching 401(k) and employee stock purchase plans.
- Flexible spending and health savings accounts.
- A community of people who love what they do. Yes, we see that as a benefit.