National Director of HR Operations
The National Director of HR Operation provides oversight of the full range of operational activities related to HR. This role guides the formulation of HR objectives, practices, and adherence to policies to meet the short and long range organizational human capital needs. This position guides and leads the change process and evaluates the overall contribution of the Human Resources department to organizational effectiveness.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- Collaborates with Chief HR Officer (CHRO) and HR Leadership team to identify opportunities in streamlining HR processes and systems to improve efficiencies.
- Oversees HR project management, internal audit and compliance adherence (e.g. Joint Commission, CMS, etc.).
- Manages HR Operations: communications, project management, audit and compliance.
- Analyzes HR reporting and metrics with COEs and Regional HR Vice Presidents to drive accountability.
- Works with team to determine HR metrics to measure and to ensure data integrity by audit review and troubleshooting.
- Handles special project assigned by the CHRO.
- Drives automation of manual process for HR.
- Leads communication and training needed for any process changes.
- Maintains vendor management relationships (quarterly and annually) and ensures vendors adhere to internal audit and legal processes.
- Ensures all vendors are properly managed by establishing set review dates, reporting (on consistent intervals) and assigning clear expectations.
- Works with HR Systems and Project Management to drive all implementations of new HR systems and processes.
- Partners with CHRO, Operations Leaders, and other stakeholders to drive implementation and management of HR Shared Service Center.
- Identifies opportunities to consolidate HR systems to improve efficiencies.
- Identifies ways to simplify and enhance the customer experience. Looks for opportunities to automate manual processes in the field.
- Documents HR responsibilities for all COE functions to reduce redundancy and ensure accountability. Redefines roles as appropriate to improve efficiencies.
- Works with other COEs, Audit, Compliance, Legal and HRIS to shape a cohesive vision and delivery strategy in alignment with organizational values.
- Identifies metrics to ensure the COE can be held accountable.
- Ensures all policies and procedures are updated and reviewed on an established time frame.
- This is an in-office position in our Home Office in Birmingham, AL.
License or Certification:
- PHR or SPHR preferred
- Six Sigma certification/designation preferred
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or related field, or equivalent work experience
- Minimum seven years of progressive human resources experience required
As a national leader in post-acute care, Encompass Health (NYSE: EHC) offers facility-based patient care through its network of inpatient rehabilitation hospitals. With a national footprint that spans 157 hospitals in 37 states and Puerto Rico, the Company is committed to delivering high-quality, cost-effective rehabilitation. Encompass Health is ranked as one of Fortune's 100 Best Companies to Work For and Modern Healthcare's Best Places to Work.
Enjoy competitive compensation and benefits that start day one of employment, including:
- Affordable medical, dental and vision plans provided to meet the needs of full and part-time employees and their families.
- Generous paid time off that increases with tenure.
- Tuition reimbursement and continuing education opportunities.
- An employee assistance program for counseling and mental health needs.
- Company-matching 401(k) and employee stock-purchase plans.
- Flexible spending and health savings accounts.
To learn more about us, please visit us online at encompasshealth.com or careers.encompasshealth.com
Connect with us:
Equal Opportunity Employer