Provider Enrollment Spec I
Join on the heart-warming journey with a team that is a top leader in the rehabilitation industry
Encompass Health is the leader in the inpatient rehabilitation industry, you'll feel the Encompass Health as soon as you join. We collaborate and provide high-quality, compassionate, individualized care for our patients, allowing us time to get to know them and help them achieve their goals during their rehabilitation journey.
The Provider Enrollment Team is responsible for both the initial licensure and Medicaid and Medicare enrollments for all hospitals, as well as renewals and revalidations. The Specialist I will gain, and demonstrate, an overall knowledge of the licensure requirements for a hospital to operate and will enroll hospitals in both the Medicare and Medicaid programs. This employee serves as a liaison with our hospitals and applicable regulatory agencies throughout the licensure and enrollment processes.
Responsibilities & Tasks
- Performs statutory/regulatory research to inform and develop strategic plans to meet company goals.
- Implements the plan to influence agency action.
- Develops a filing timeline with final decision by pertinent agencies.
- Coordinates with hospital, regional, and home office leaders to complete necessary filings.
- Coordinates with agencies, ensuring that hospitals are able to operate as planned.
- Participates in development meetings to keep internal stakeholders apprised of progress.
- Works with leaders to resolve any concerns.
- Ensures licenses are renewed and enrollments are revalidated, preventing lapse in operations.
- Ensures licensure/enrollment concerns are resolved quickly via research, plans, and networks.
- Understands differences between Medicare and Medicaid and their impact on hospitals and the company.
- Understands Medicare/Medicaid enrollment requirements for other business line services.
- Understands hospital licensure and enrollment and the regulatory agencies responsible for oversight.
- Understands the internal and external systems utilized in the provider enrollment process.
- Understands completion of regulatory filings and where this information can be obtained.
- Escalates issues appropriately.
- Completes licensure and enrollment applications, with assistance as necessary.
- Demonstrates an understanding of regulatory applications, fees, and survey requirements.
- Understands operations and impacts on enrollments to ensure compliance with laws and regulations.
- Conducts independent research accurately and efficiently.
- Interprets statutes/regulations to resolve issues, form plans, and influence and inform agencies.
- Understands documents pertinent to enrollment history; retains documents using the relevant systems.
- Understands of the Joint Commission (JC) and its role in the provider enrollment process.
- Responsibly and securely stores confidential information.
- Utilizes the Desk Procedures Manual as a reference in completion of regulatory filings.
- Completes special projects, or other duties, as requested.
- Assists in identifying and resolving licensure and enrollment issues.
- Develops contacts at state hospital associations to appropriately leverage as issues arise.
- Develops contacts at various state and federal agencies to influence and coordinate filings.
License or Certification:
- Bachelor's degree and/or relevant provider enrollment experience
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products, particularly Excel and Word
A little about us
We're confident you'll see the difference the moment you join our team. Working at Encompass Health means working with a growing national inpatient rehabilitation leader. We're proud of our career growth opportunities and how our team members work together for the greater good of our patients. We've been named one of the "World's Most Admired Companies" and a Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® Award, among others, which is pretty amazing.
Our benefits start day one
- Affordable medical, dental and vision plans for full-time and part-time employees and their families.
- Generous paid time off that accrues over time.
- Tuition reimbursement and continuing education opportunities.
- Company-matching 401(k) and employee stock purchase plans.
- Flexible spending and health savings accounts.
- A community of people who love what they do. Yes, we see that as a benefit.