Senior Risk Management Coordinator
Join on the heart-warming journey with a team that is a top leader in the rehabilitation industry
Encompass Health is the leader in the inpatient rehabilitation industry, you'll feel the Encompass Health as soon as you join. We collaborate and provide high-quality, compassionate, individualized care for our patients, allowing us time to get to know them and help them achieve their goals during their rehabilitation journey.
The Senior Risk Management Coordinator evaluates and manages assigned claims, prepares and submits internal/external required reports, assists hospitals with policy and procedure issues, assists hospitals with loss prevention programs, assists with hospital education and assists hospitals with investigations/evaluation of current incidents.
Responsibilities & Tasks
- Demonstrates knowledge of principles/practices of healthcare risk management.
- Understands insurance coverage, risk reduction/control, claims administration, investigations, etc.
- Serves as resource for entry level risk position staff.
- Assists with investigation/analysis of potential and actual exposures in the company.
- Evaluates the extent and elements of exposure and recommends actions for risk mitigation.
- Investigates, evaluates, and documents occurrences, claims, and litigation.
- Recommends resolution; confirms authority in compliance with policy on Claims Handling Guidelines.
- Completes diaries within 90 days.
- Prepares and submits internal/external required reports.
- Assists hospitals with loss prevention programs.
- Uses every possible opportunity to educate hospital staff on key risk/loss prevention theory.
- Stays current via newspapers, periodicals, industry-related materials, associations, etc.
- Understands and utilizes company resources where appropriate.
- Networks with co-workers to share best practices.
- Understands different departments and their role in the corporate office.
- Develops strategies and aligns work to achieve goals.
- Completes special projects and other duties as requested to support needs of organization.
License or Certification:
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, public policy, hospital administration, or a related field required
- Juris Doctorate Degree preferred.
- Preferred 2-4 years of experience in patient care, public policy, health care administration, business administration, legal support for insurance/claims investigation, and/or settlement.
A little about us
We're confident you'll see the difference the moment you join our team. Working at Encompass Health means working with a growing national inpatient rehabilitation leader. We're proud of our career growth opportunities and how our team members work together for the greater good of our patients. We've been named one of the "World's Most Admired Companies" and a Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® Award, among others, which is pretty amazing.
Our benefits start day one
- Affordable medical, dental and vision plans for full-time and part-time employees and their families.
- Generous paid time off that accrues over time.
- Tuition reimbursement and continuing education opportunities.
- Company-matching 401(k) and employee stock purchase plans.
- Flexible spending and health savings accounts.
- A community of people who love what they do. Yes, we see that as a benefit.