Student Intern - Accounting/Reimbursement (Summer 2024)
We're confident you'll see the difference the moment you join our team. Working at Encompass Health means working with a growing national inpatient rehabilitation leader. We're proud of our career growth opportunities and how our team members work together for the greater good of our patients. We've been named one of the "World's Most Admired Companies" and a Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® Award, among others, which is pretty amazing.
The Accounting/Reimbursement Student Intern will be a rotational assignment in which the candidate would spend 2-3 weeks working in each of four functional areas within the EHC Accounting and Reimbursement departments. The department intern will be responsible for all assigned work, projects and all other duties as assigned by the manager. Each participating department should provide intern with a detailed list of these responsibilities. If the intern is participating in the company-wide summer internship program, the intern will be required to participate in all activities and to participate in the final presentation at the end of the program.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- Corporate Accounting- Support month-end legal entity consolidation and internal financial reporting process; assist with preparation of monthly financial analysis around debt, stock compensation and other areas; support bank account reconciliation process.
- Inpatient Accounting- Support the hospital accounting close process including variance analysis, journal entry compilation and general ledger account reconciliation.
- Accounting Systems and Controls- Participate in user acceptance testing for financial system upgrades and new system implementation projects.
- Reimbursement- Support the preparation of regulatory filings, the development of appropriate documentation and learn certain processes for federal & state regulatory reporting.
- Complete all task and assignments accurately and timely
- Proactively seeks to learn about the company and the department
- Participates in all intern specific activities (if applicable)
- Create and present presentation on job skills learned (if applicable)
- Must be actively enrolled in a college or university and pursing a Bachelors in Accounting
- Must have an interest in department in which they are interning
- Class experience in prospective field is preferred
- Intermediate to Advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite
- Interns must be able to work in our Home Office in Birmingham, Alabama from June 3, 2024 to August 1st, 2024.