Student Intern - Business Intelligence/ Decision Support (Summer Intern 2024)
We're confident you'll see the difference the moment you join our team. Working at Encompass Health means working with a growing national inpatient rehabilitation leader. We're proud of our career growth opportunities and how our team members work together for the greater good of our patients. We've been named one of the "World's Most Admired Companies" and a Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® Award, among others, which is pretty amazing.
The BI/Decision Support Student Intern will be assigned to appropriate department and scheduled to work for a designated period of time. The department intern will be responsible for all assigned work, projects and all other duties as assigned by the manager. Each participating department should provide intern with a detailed list of these responsibilities. If the intern is participating in the company-wide summer internship program, the intern will be required to participate in all activities and to participate in the final presentation at the end of the program.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- Support Business Intelligence Developers and engineers with various efforts, projects, and programs
- Manage projects and tasks as assigned
- Respond to requests for assistance from business units and other internal customers
- Keep BI Lead apprised of activities, issues, commitments, etc.
- Summarize technical details into high-level descriptions for presentation to IT and other management
- Complete all task and assignments accurately and timely
- Proactively seeks to learn about the company and the department
- Participates in all intern specific activities (if applicable)
- Create and present presentation on job skills learned (if applicable)
- Actively pursuing a Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, Data Science, Information Technology or relevant field
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Must be able to work in our Home Office in Birmingham, AL from June 5 - August 4, 2023
- Familiarity with relational database design, tables, indexes, views and procedures.
- Basic knowledge of the following concepts and/or tools
- Business Intelligence software
- Relational Tables
- Interns must be able to work in our Home Office in Birmingham, Alabama from June 3, 2024 to August 1st, 2024.