Student Intern - Clinical Excellence (Summer 2024)
We're confident you'll see the difference the moment you join our team. Working at Encompass Health means working with a growing national inpatient rehabilitation leader. We're proud of our career growth opportunities and how our team members work together for the greater good of our patients. We've been named one of the "World's Most Admired Companies" and a Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® Award, among others, which is pretty amazing.
The Clinical Excellence Student Intern will be assigned to appropriate department and scheduled to work for a designated period of time. The department intern will be responsible for all assigned work, projects and all other duties as assigned by the manager. Each participating department should provide intern with a detailed list of these responsibilities. If the intern is participating in the company-wide summer internship program, the intern will be required to participate in all activities and to participate in the final presentation at the end of the program.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- Assist in planning and hosting CNO/HRD in-person meeting of over 300 participants
- Assist with logistics for on-site Clinical Excellence University Courses
- Assist with preparations for Leadership Orientation
- Monitor registration of Clinical Excellence Courses in Cornerstone On Demand Learning Management System (LMS) and run corresponding reports
- Answer questions from hospital staff regarding clinical courses in TalentWorks
- Assist with the content entry for Education SharePoint site
- Proof abstract submissions for posters to be displayed at professional conferences
- Proof articles for newsletters and assist in organizing content
- Respond to ITG tickets routed to the Clinical Excellence team
- Research and coordinate special projects as deemed appropriate
- Complete all task and assignments accurately and timely
- Proactively seeks to learn about the company and the department
- Participates in all intern specific activities (if applicable)
- Create and present presentation on job skills learned (if applicable)
- Must be actively enrolled in a college or university (Junior/Senior level students are preferred)
- Must have an interest in department in which they are interning
- Class experience in prospective field is preferred
- Intermediate to Advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite
- Interns must be able to work in our Home Office in Birmingham, Alabama from June 3, 2024 to August 1st, 2024.