Student Intern - Compliance (Summer 2024)
We're confident you'll see the difference the moment you join our team. Working at Encompass Health means working with a growing national inpatient rehabilitation leader. We're proud of our career growth opportunities and how our team members work together for the greater good of our patients. We've been named one of the "World's Most Admired Companies" and a Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® Award, among others, which is pretty amazing.
The Compliance Student Intern will contribute to the Ethics & Compliance department's mission to maintain the company's ongoing compliance with legal and regulatory obligations. The department intern will be responsible for all assigned work, projects and all other duties as assigned by the manager. Each participating department should provide intern with a detailed list of these responsibilities. If the intern is participating in the company-wide summer internship program, the intern will be required to participate in all activities and to participate in the final presentation at the end of the program.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- Researching existing and new federal and state regulatory requirements
- Assisting in HIPAA breach risk assessments
- Performing project management tasks
- Tracking various compliance metrics
- Assisting in the development and dissemination of compliance communications
- Compiling data for use in compliance investigations and policy development
- Complete all task and assignments accurately and timely
- Proactively seeks to learn about the company and the department
- Participates in all intern specific activities (if applicable)
- Create and present presentation on job skills learned (if applicable)
- Must be actively enrolled in a college or university
- Students pursing a law degree are preferred
- Must have an interest in department in which they are interning
- Class experience in prospective field is preferred
- Intermediate to Advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite
- Interns must be able to work in our Home Office in Birmingham, Alabama from Monday, June 3, 2024 and will end on Thursday, August 1st, 2024.