Student Intern - Design & Construction (Summer 2024)
As the leader of rehabilitative care, Encompass Health offers both facility-based and home-based patient care through its national network of rehabilitation hospitals, home health agencies, and hospice agencies that spans 37 states and Puerto Rico. Setting the standard for providing excellent care, Encompass Health has earned its place among Modern Healthcare's "Best Places to Work in Healthcare" and the Fortune "World's Most Admired Companies" for 2022.
The Design or Construction Student Intern will be assigned to Design & Construction Department. The department intern will be responsible for all assigned work, projects and all other duties as assigned by the manager. The intern is participating in the company-wide summer internship program and required to participate in all activities and to participate in the final presentation at the end of the program.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- Participate in weekly project & team coordination meetings with the D&C staff
- Shadow a design and construction manager (4 weeks with each)
- Identify four projects to track schedule, budget, and project status to spurn discussions
- Conduct a problem solving exercise and perform a root cause analysis on a design and construction issue that would involve EHC and vendors
- Ensure weekly & monthly reports from designers and contractors are being distributed in a timely manner - develop a tracking log
- Develop an issue tracking log for each project with the respective manager
- Research and coordinate special projects as deemed appropriate
- Complete all task and assignments accurately and timely
- Proactively seeks to learn about the company and the department
- Participates in all intern specific activities (if applicable)
- Create and present presentation on job skills learned (if applicable)