The Diet Technician, Registered conducts screenings and gathers information for patient assessments to be completed by the Registered Dietitian. The position provides dietary education to patients and family members, completes follow up documentation as directed by the Dietitian and may provide in-service education to hospital staff.
Job Code: 100072
License or Certification:
- Registered with the Commission on Dietetic Registration (Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics) as a DTR (Dietetic Technician, Registered)/NDTR (Nutrition and Dietetics Technician, Registered).
- Food Handler/Safety permit as required by local regulations.
- Associate's degree. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Minimum one year experience as a Diet Tech preferred.
- Knowledge of federal, state, local, JCAHO and other applicable regulations
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as computer/laptop, telephone, copy/fax machine, calculator, scanner, etc.
- Microsoft Office software, to include Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Visual acuity, speech recognition, speech clarity.
- Ability to lift, lower, push, pull, and retrieve objects weighing a minimum of 30 pounds including medical supplies and equipment and the transferring and repositioning of patients. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements.
- Ability to safely push/pull objects weighing up to 100 pounds on wheels, with assistance, if necessary. The push/pull weight will be based on a loaded maximum weight of 200 pounds per cart.
- Ability to withstand prolonged standing and walking.
- Ability to reach, stoop, bend, kneel, and crouch are required.
Skills and Abilities:
- Oral communication, written communication, fluency in English, active listening.
- Information ordering, deductive reasoning, social perceptiveness, time management, critical thinking.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without continuous supervision.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment.
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
- Wet surfaces, sharp objects and high noise levels possible.
- Hot and cold temperatures extremes.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Has regular, reliable, and predictable attendance and punctuality.
- Adheres to dress code including wearing ID badge.
- Adheres to Standards of Business Conduct.
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and/or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- This position will support cultural diversity by promoting and maintaining an inclusive work environment and culture that is respectful and accepting of diversity.