Full Time Kitchen Aide
The Kitchen Assistant will maintain inventory, service ware, and sanitary conditions within the Food Services Department. This position will provide the highest quality of service to patients, visitors, and employees at all times.
This position will also assist with the preparation and serving of meals and maintaining sanitary conditions as regulated by the state in the kitchen and dining area. The Kitchen Assistant will ensure diners have all the items they need to enjoy their meal, and help facilitate an efficient dining environment. Specific tasks include cleaning tables, ensuring tables have napkins, having all serving utensils, cups, condiments, and plates are stocked.
Job Code: 100081
Training in food preparation for therapeutic diets, recent institutional cooking experience and special function cooking experience desirable. Knowledge of food safety guidelines preferred
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to lift, push, pull and retrieve approximately 100% of the time.
- Ability to safely lift and carry objects weighing up to 50 pounds on a regular basis.
- Ability to safely push/pull objects weighing up to 150 pounds on wheels, with assistance, if necessary. The push/pull weight will be based on a loaded maximum weight of 300 pounds per cart.
- Ability to demonstrate safe retrieval skills from above the head to floor level with objects up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to withstand prolonged standing and walking.
- Ability to reach, stoop, bend, kneel, and crouch are required for patient care functions and in setting up and monitoring equipment.