IT Project Manager I
The IT Project Manager I is a management level position responsible for the day to day management of projects. The Project Manager I position is responsible for the on-schedule, on-budget execution of multiple, complex IT projects. The position is required to work or engage cross-functional departments and clients, according to current requirements, and to accomplish the above tasks. This position is responsible for managing projects working with end users to gather requirements, developing project budgets and cost estimations, determining project schedules, managing to deadlines, directing the design and development phases, and providing status updates and reports. Project Managers may be assigned to multiple projects and should have a broad IT Skill set. This position is further responsible for providing meaningful and reasonable goals and direction, delegating work effectively and efficiently among the project team, and providing technical expertise to team members.
Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Leads requirements gathering and end user interviews.
- Develops project budgets and cost estimation.
- Determines project schedules.
- Directs the design and development phases.
- Provides status updates and reports.
- Coordinates multiple aspects of project delivery.
- Keeps updated and current through local newspapers, industry-related materials and associations.
- Understands and utilizes the company resource structure.
- Develops strategies and aligns work to achieve goals.
*This is an in-office position at our Home Office in Birmingham, AL
License or Certification:
- Valid state driver's license
- Project Management Professional (PMP) from the Project Management Institute (PMI) highly recommended
- Undergraduate degree required
- Minimum 3 years of Project Management experience required. Three years of experience with another area of company ITG department may be substituted for Project Management experience.
- Healthcare industry experience preferred
- Experience in and/or familiarity with:
- Project Management Body Of Knowledge (PMBOK) Methodology and approach
- Strong Microsoft Project, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint Skills
- Software development life cycle
- Project budgeting and estimation
- Project planning and scheduling
- Resource optimization
- Testing methodologies
- Various programming languages and frameworks
- Software development best practices
- Familiarity with regulatory compliance:
- Privacy and Security
As a national leader in post-acute care, Encompass Health (NYSE: EHC) offers facility-based patient care through its network of inpatient rehabilitation hospitals. With a national footprint that spans 153 hospitals in 36 states and Puerto Rico, the Company is committed to delivering high-quality, cost-effective rehabilitation. Encompass Health has been ranked by Modern Healthcare as a Best Place to Work, and our Home Office is consistently rated a Best Place to Work by the Birmingham Business Journal.
Enjoy competitive compensation and benefits that start day one of employment, including:
- Affordable medical, dental and vision plans provided to meet the needs of full and part-time employees and their families.
- Generous paid time off that increases with tenure.
- Tuition reimbursement and continuing education opportunities.
- An employee assistance program for counseling and mental health needs.
- Company-matching 401(k) and employee stock-purchase plans.
- Flexible spending and health savings accounts.