Associate Administrator - Developing Future CEO Program
Join on the heart-warming journey with a team that is a top leader in the rehabilitation industry
Encompass Health is the leader in inpatient rehabilitation industry, you'll feel the Encompass Health as soon as you join. We collaborate and provide high-quality, compassionate, individualized care for our patients, allowing us time to get to know them and help them achieve their goals during their rehabilitation journey. As an Associate Administrator, you will have the opportunity to be paired with a successful, tenured hospital CEO mentor and be provided on-the-job experience in major aspects of the CEO role.
The role of Associate Administrator affords you the ability to pursue a unique kind of professional achievement. This is your opportunity to be the connection between organizational excellence and the meaningful successes our patients experience daily. Apply the vast knowledge, experience, and skills you've acquired throughout your career to enhance the effectiveness of our teams and the services we proudly offer. Realize the positive, personal impact of leadership on a greater scale with national post-acute care leader Encompass Health.
ASSOCIATE ADMINISTRATOR, DEVELOPING FUTURE CEO PROGRAM
Here is your opportunity to channel the full extent of your knowledge, skills, ambition, and experience on a daily basis by:
- Taking part in a two-year CEO-in-training program to take the next step in your career and become the chief executive officer (CEO) at one of our hospitals.
- Being placed in a host hospital as an Associate Administrator and report to the hospital's CEO.
- Developing and demonstrating the necessary qualifications to become a CEO while leading significant improvements in the hospital's culture, as well as financial, employee and patient-satisfaction outcomes.
- Acting as a member of the hospital's leadership team and take responsibility for at least one department, with progressive responsibility based on demonstrated ability and hospital needs.
- Completing the Associate Administrator Program curriculum and other tasks as assigned.
- Applying for a position as CEO of a hospital where we have an opening upon successful completion of the program.
Credentials and Requirements:
- Required: A strong desire to become the CEO/Administrator of an Encompass Health hospital in approximately 2 years.
- Required: Commitment to approximately 2 years as an Associate Administrator and an additional 3 years as an Encompass Health hospital CEO/Administrator (subject to on-the-job performance and business needs).
Required: Willingness to relocate possibly twice within two years to any Encompass Health hospital.
- Required: Bachelor's degree. Preferred: MBA or MHA.\
- Required: Three years of management experience in a hospital setting required, including:
- Managerial responsibility including selection, performance appraisal, performance management and discipline, compensation, promotion and termination decisions for at least 1 or more direct reports.
- Input on budget development and responsibility for operating within a budget for areas of responsibility.
- Required: Evidence of consistently above average performance as compared to expectations for comparable positions.
- Required: Evidence of the effective application of strong competencies/skills in: Analysis, business acumen, change agility, collaboration, communication, decision-making, leadership, strategic focus, talent management, and technical mastery within one or more disciplines important to inpatient rehabilitation hospital operations.
- Preferred: Two years of senior management experience in health care, including: Hospital (or comparable corporate, region, or subsidiary) responsibility for one or more of the following departments: Finance & Accounting, Marketing, Nursing, Therapy (inpatient), Quality, Case Management, or Human Resources.
- Managerial responsibility including selection, performance appraisal, performance management and discipline, compensation, promotion, and termination decisions for a staff including at least 3 direct reports.
- Departmental responsibility for budget development, oversight, and spending.
- Preferred: A desire to progress beyond CEO/Administrator in 5-10 years.
A little about us:
We're confident you'll see the difference the moment you join our team. Working at Encompass Health means working with a growing national inpatient rehabilitation leader. We're proud of our career growth opportunities and how our team members work together for the greater good of our patients. We've been named one of the "World's Most Admired Companies" and a Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® Award, among others, which is pretty amazing.
Our benefits start day one:
- Affordable medical, dental and vision plans for full-time and part-time employees and their families.
- Generous paid time off that accrues over time.
- Tuition reimbursement and continuing education opportunities.
- Company-matching 401(k) and employee stock purchase plans.
- Flexible spending and health savings accounts.
- A community of people who love what they do. Yes, we see that as a benefit.
To learn more about us, please visit us online at encompasshealth.com
Connect with us:
Equal Opportunity Employer
Annual Compensation: $125,000 - 140,000