HR Business Partner
Join on the heart-warming journey with a team that is a top leader in the rehabilitation industry
Encompass Health is the leader in inpatient rehabilitation industry, you'll feel the Encompass Health as soon as you join. We collaborate and provide high-quality, compassionate, individualized care for our patients, allowing us time to get to know them and help them achieve their goals during their rehabilitation journey.
The Human Resources Business Partner plans, organizes and supports all aspects of Human Resources Management in such a manner as to ensure fair and equitable treatment of all employees, and compliance with all company policies and legal aspects of employee/employer relationships. The Human Resources Business Partner is responsible for helping create an environment and culture that enables the hospital's management to fulfill its mission.
Responsibilities & Tasks
- Provide HR support to employees at multiple sites across the organization on variety of HR issues.
- Manages and resolves complex employee relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough, and objective investigations.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory. compliance. Partners with legal counsel as needed/required.
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to HRDs and management (coaching, counseling, disciplinary actions, policy interpretation).
- Work closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Maintains appropriate documentation related to investigations.
- Position must sit at our Home Office in Birmingham, AL.
- Hybrid schedule offered after training.
License or Certification:
- PHR and/or SPHR
- BA or BS degree in Human Resources, Personnel Administration, Business Administration or related field required or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of Human Resources experience is required.
- Computer knowledge in Excel, Word, Outlook, Internet and PowerPoint required.
A little about us
We're confident you'll see the difference the moment you join our team. Working at Encompass Health means working with a growing national inpatient rehabilitation leader. We're proud of our career growth opportunities and how our team members work together for the greater good of our patients. We've been named one of the "World's Most Admired Companies" and a Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® Award, among others, which is pretty amazing.
Our benefits start day one
- Affordable medical, dental and vision plans for full-time and part-time employees and their families.
- Generous paid time off that accrues over time.
- Tuition reimbursement and continuing education opportunities.
- Company-matching 401(k) and employee stock purchase plans.
- Flexible spending and health savings accounts.
- A community of people who love what they do. Yes, we see that as a benefit.