Student Intern - Clinical Information Systems (Summer 2024)
We're confident you'll see the difference the moment you join our team. Working at Encompass Health means working with a growing national inpatient rehabilitation leader. We're proud of our career growth opportunities and how our team members work together for the greater good of our patients. We've been named one of the "World's Most Admired Companies" and a Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® Award, among others, which is pretty amazing.
The Clinical Information Systems Student Intern will be assigned to appropriate department and scheduled to work for a designated period of time. The department intern will be responsible for all assigned work, projects and all other duties as assigned by the manager. Each participating department should provide intern with a detailed list of these responsibilities. If the intern is participating in the company-wide summer internship program, the intern will be required to participate in all activities and to participate in the final presentation at the end of the program.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- Support clinical systems analysts with various efforts, projects, and programs
- Manage projects and tasks as assigned
- Respond to requests for assistance from business units and other internal customers
- Contribute to ongoing improvement of clinical systems efforts
- Keep Security Lead apprised of activities, issues, commitments, etc.
- Summarize technical details into high-level descriptions for presentation to CISO and other management
- Complete all task and assignments accurately and timely
- Proactively seeks to learn about the company and the department
- Participates in all intern specific activities (if applicable)
- Create and present presentation on job skills learned (if applicable)
- Actively pursuing a Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Information Technology or relevant field
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Project support for healthcare applications and devices, implementation, and optimization that require knowledge of how to conduct workflow analysis, requirements gathering and documentation
- Basic familiarity with identity access and management, networking, security controls for operating systems, applications, and network devices and related services/tools.
- Working knowledge of service request fulfillment, documentation writing, metrics reporting.
- Interns must be able to work in our Home Office in Birmingham, Alabama from June 3, 2024 to August 1st, 2024.