Student Intern - Financial Operations (Summer 2024)
As the leader of rehabilitative care, Encompass Health offers both facility-based and home-based patient care through its national network of rehabilitation hospitals, home health agencies, and hospice agencies that spans 37 states and Puerto Rico. Setting the standard for providing excellent care, Encompass Health has earned its place among Modern Healthcare's "Best Places to Work in Healthcare" and the Fortune "World's Most Admired Companies" for 2022.
The Financial Operations Student Intern will be responsible for all assigned work, projects and all other duties as assigned by the manager. Each participating department should provide intern with a detailed list of these responsibilities. If the intern is participating in the company-wide summer internship program, the intern will be required to participate in all activities and to participate in the final presentation at the end of the program.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- Assist with reviewing hospital contracts in Ariba (contract management system)
- Assist with audits of various systems
- Assist with special projects as deemed appropriate
- Complete all task and assignments accurately and timely
- Proactively seeks to learn about the company and the department
- Participates in all intern specific activities (if applicable)
- Create and present presentation on job skills learned (if applicable)
- Must be actively enrolled in a college or university (Junior/Senior level students are preferred)
- Must have an interest in department in which they are interning
- Class experience in prospective field is preferred
- Intermediate to Advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite
- Interns must be able to work in our Home Office in Birmingham, Alabama from June 3, 2024 to August 1st, 2024.