Student Intern - Supply Chain (Summer 2024)
We're confident you'll see the difference the moment you join our team. Working at Encompass Health means working with a growing national inpatient rehabilitation leader. We're proud of our career growth opportunities and how our team members work together for the greater good of our patients. We've been named one of the "World's Most Admired Companies" and a Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® Award, among others, which is pretty amazing.
The Supply Chain department intern will be assigned to appropriate department and scheduled to work for a designated period of time. The department intern will be responsible for all assigned work, projects and all other duties as assigned by the manager. Each participating department should provide intern with a detailed list of these responsibilities. If the intern is participating in the company-wide summer internship program, the intern will be required to participate in all activities and to participate in the final presentation at the end of the program.
Support supply chain assurance through:
- Business continuity plan survey and review
- Critical supply management to proactively source alternate plans for high priority items
- Pedigree mapping for necessary supplies to support disruption event software
Support procurement system improvements including:
- Linkage of equipment with key accessories
- Expansion of pictures and data sheets on items
Contract termination clause review:
- Creation of education program for central supply managers to support best practices for existing and new central supply employees
- Must be actively enrolled in a college or university (Junior/Senior level students are preferred).
- Must have an interest in department in which they are interning.
- Class experience in prospective field is preferred.
- Must be able to work in our Home Office in Birmingham, AL from June 3, 2024 and will end on August 1st, 2024.