Voice Systems Engineer II
The Voice Systems Engineer II is a mid-level position responsible for the day-to-day upkeep of core company systems through monitoring performance metrics, maintaining servers and software, updating servers and software, supporting technical incidences and user management and/or developing end-user business solutions. The position requires communication with end users and other IT professionals, communication with vendors, adherence to standard guidelines and policies, and ad hoc troubleshooting.
Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Monitors performance metrics.
- Maintains and updates servers and software.
- Supports data and system needs of users and documents appropriately.
- Supports technical incidents and user management.
- Knows how to warehouse data, backup and recovery.
- Configures databases.
- Designs and implements business solutions.
- Defines data and system requirements.
- Performs ad hoc troubleshooting.
- This is an in-office position at our Home Office in Birmingham, AL.
License or Certification:
- Valid state driver's license.
- Minimum 4 years of experience.
- Associates Degree or Undergraduate degree preferred.
- Relevant Information Technology certifications preferred.
- Familiarity with regulatory compliance, including HIPAA, Sarbanes-Oxley, Privacy and Security, PCI
- Intermediate, demonstrated understanding in the following competency areas:
- Troubleshooting abilities in a multi-tier architecture
- Manage and maintain site-related documentation
- Produce progress, problem and status reports, as required by management
- Manage service providers for prompt problem resolution
- Incident Management, Change management and Problem Management
- Hardware installation, configuration and maintenance
- Software installation, configuration and maintenance
- Performance monitoring and tuning
- System backup and recovery methods
- Disaster recovery processes
- Group interaction and influence to accomplish tasks and solve technical problems
- Small project management
- Peer training
- Capacity planning
- Small-scale infrastructure design and implementation
- Research and recommendation of solutions
- Experience in implementation, administration, and support of one or more of the following technologies:
- Voice Technologies and Protocols
- Voice over IP (VoIP)
- Cisco Unified Communications
- PBX and Voice Mail Systems
- Cisco Emergency Responder
- Cisco Unity
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Cisco Certifications
- Packet Capture and Analysis experience
- Networking experience
As a national leader in post-acute care, Encompass Health (NYSE: EHC) offers facility-based patient care through its network of inpatient rehabilitation hospitals. With a national footprint that spans 153 hospitals in 37 states and Puerto Rico, the Company is committed to delivering high-quality, cost-effective rehabilitation. Encompass Health has been ranked by Modern Healthcare as a Best Place to Work, and our Home Office is consistently rated a Best Place to Work by the Birmingham Business Journal.
Enjoy competitive compensation and benefits that start day one of employment, including:
- Affordable medical, dental and vision plans provided to meet the needs of full and part-time employees and their families.
- Generous paid time off that increases with tenure.
- Tuition reimbursement and continuing education opportunities.
- An employee assistance program for counseling and mental health needs.
- Company-matching 401(k) and employee stock-purchase plans.
- Flexible spending and health savings accounts.